It is with great sadness that we have to announce the sale of the vast majority of our lovely goats here at Old parsonage farm.
We have been overburdened with rising debt and static income over the last couple of years and now have no option but to raise money through the sale of assets in order to continue farming.
As a result Dartington Dairy will also have to close its doors when the goats leave at the end of March.
This has not been an easy decision to make as you can imagine but on the positive side we will now be concentrating on growing organic crops to be milled right here on the farm through Dartington Mill cic, to be used and sold locally through The Almond Thief and Huxhams Cross biodynamic farm.
We would like to thank all our lovely supporters that we have met over the last five years and hope you will continue to support us as we transition to a slightly less livestock orientated farming system.
Goat Yoga will continue to be available, but our Milking Experience will stop at the end of March.
Jon & Lynne
Daily @ 3:30pm
£15 PER ADULT & £5 PER CHILD
- Milking Experience starts at 3:30pm
- Advanced booking is required
- Duration: minimum 1.5 hrs
- Under 16’s are not allowed in the cow parlour
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
Select date to Book
Please allow at least 24hrs notice for your booking
MILKING EXPERIENCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- No dogs allowed on the farm experience
- Farming is an all-weather activity and often a bit mucky so appropriate clothing, particularly sturdy footwear is important. Flip flops and summer dresses are unlikely to survive a farm experience day in good condition. Trousers, waterproofs and boots will probably fair better, though if you’re very lucky you may need a hat and some sunscreen. It’s always worth having the waterproofs
, as the weather can be inclement. however
- Please tell us if you have a medical condition the farm team need to be aware of, such as allergies or heart problems. That way they can be accommodated to the best of our
abilities,unless you’re allergic to cows or goats as they’re a rather integral part of the farm.
- Visitors will be able to view the Cow Milking from within the Parlour and participate hands on with Goat Milking.
- Only paying participants may join the milking experience.